The CR1620 is a lithium non-rechargeable battery used in various devices, including watches, computer boards, electronic organizers, garage door openers, and LED lights. All battery manufacturers that employ chromium use the generic identification CR. However, because not all manufacturers utilize this label, customers frequently confuse the CR1620 battery Equivalents and replacements. Some of CR1620 equivalents include 5009LC, L08, EA, KCR1620, LM1620, BR1620-1W, CR1620-1W, DL1620B, BR1620, 280-208, ECR1620, DL1620, CR1620. The CR1620 battery can provide consistent power for a long time. It can also withstand harsh temperatures. Read on for specifics of CR1620 batteries, including the features.
What is a CR1620 Battery?
This coin battery size is popular, and it’s designed for use with electronic devices that require a lot of power. The batteries are tiny and convenient to transport. The CR1620 battery is a button/coin cell with physical dimensions of 16.0 x 2.0 mm (0.62992 x 0.78740 inches), a nominal voltage of 3.0 volts, a cutoff voltage of 2.0 volts, and a nominal capacity of 65-80 mAh. The nominal capacity may vary greatly depending on battery age, discharge rate, the actual cutoff voltage of the powered device, and other factors. The CR1620 battery’s standard discharge rate usually is 0.1 mA, with a maximum discharge rate of 1.0 mA, although the numbers vary slightly between manufacturers. The CR1620 battery is a manganese-dioxide lithium battery with a self-discharge rate of only 1-2 percent per year at room temperature. However, as the battery’s temperature rises, the self-discharge rate increases. CR1620 (IEC standard) and 5009L (ANSI standard) are the most frequent labels for button/coin cells, but alternative tags like ECR1620, DL1620, VCR1620, and others are used for this battery.
Features of the CR1620 Battery
a CR1620 battery can provide enough power for almost any portable device. The CR1620 is a high-quality power supply that has the same features, irrespective of the producer, some of the features are:
- Compact But Powerful: A single lithium-ion battery can replace two, three, or more standard batteries. Because the lithium coin CR1620 battery has a voltage of 3V and a large amount of power in a compact form, the tiniest electronics now have access to a huge energy source.
- Compatibility with a Wide Range of Devices: The Lithium Coin CR1620 has a proven track record of dependability in different appliances. The batteries can be used in calculators, digital watches, laser pens, auto keys, exercise equipment, memory backup, and medical devices.
- Self-discharge rate Is Extremely Low: lithium coin CR1620 batteries retain 90% of their capacity after years of use due to their chemical stability. Chemical stability is provided by the combination of lithium and manganese dioxide.
The Advantages of Using a CR1620 Battery
- No mercury is added to this product; thus, self-discharge is minimal.
- Ten-year shelf life is possible
- Provide three volts of power
- It can be used in a wide range of temperatures (from – 30 to + 60 degrees Celsius)
- It can be used on different devices
Things to Consider When Buying CR1620 Battery
The CR1620 has different types based on sizes, manufacturer, voltage, etc. It is highly advisable to consider the following factors before buying a CR1620 battery:
- Capacity: The first thing to think about is the battery’s capacity. It tells you how much power the battery has and how long it can be used before it has to be recharged. Check the battery’s capacity before buying a CR1620 battery.
- Voltage: The battery’s voltage is also significant because it determines the battery’s power. The voltage is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a CR1620 battery. The battery’s voltage controls how much power it can deliver. Most CR1620 batteries have a voltage of 3 volts; however, some have a voltage of 1.5 volts. Look for a battery with a greater voltage if you need additional power for your device to ensure maximum performance.
- Size: Another factor to think about is the battery’s size. It will help you figure out whether or not it will suit your devices properly. The device you intend to use the battery in will decide the size of the battery you purchase. A watch or calculator, for example, may benefit from a smaller battery, while a camera or laptop may benefit from a larger battery. CR1620 batteries are available in three different sizes: small, medium, and large. The small size, around half an inch long, makes it ideal for low-power devices like watches and calculators. The medium size is about one inch long and can be used in equipment like cameras and laptop computers that require greater power. The large model, which measures 2 inches in length, can be used in high-power devices such as remote controls and toys.
- Lifespan: When buying batteries, most buyers are looking for the best value possible. It means looking for a battery with a long life span in certain cases. Whatever your needs are, it’s vital to know how long different batteries last before purchasing. The CR1620 battery can be used in various electronic devices, such as watches and calculators, and can last up to 5 years if used regularly.
- Compatibility: Another factor to consider when buying a CR1620 battery is compatibility with your electronic device. Make sure your CR1620 battery is designed for the device you want to use it for. It will help the battery last longer and avoid overheating or shorting out.
- Prices: this is one factor that many people consider before making any choices. Where you choose to buy your battery has a significant effect on the price. Also, not all CR1620 batteries are created equally, as some last more than others. It would be best if you did your research into brands, their lifespan, and prices before buying a CR1620 battery.
Batteries that are equivalent to the CR1620
There is a probability that you may not find a CR1620 in your local stores or online even though it is popular. The best thing is to find an equivalent in terms of size and voltage. So, what battery is equivalent to the CR1620? Here are some options you can use instead of the CR1620 battery:
- ECR1620: Energizer is one of the largest battery producers and has its version of the CR1620 battery. The battery is called the ECR1620. It’s worth noting that the ‘E’ prefix in ECR1620 batteries refers to Energizer’s product designation for CR1620 batteries, such as the Energizer CR1620 lithium battery.
- DL1620: Duracell also has its CR1620 batteries, represented as DL1620.They’re compatible with 3V Lithium batteries that are 16.0 x 2.0 inches in size.
- BR1620: The BR1620 battery has a little lower capacity and drains current than the CR1620, but it has a much lower discharge rate and a wider temperature range. The BR1620 is a non-rechargeable lithium-carbon-monofluoride battery. The BR1620 battery has a nominal voltage range of 2.8 to 3.0 volts and a cutoff voltage range of 2.0 to 2.25 volts, depending on the model.
- ML1620: The ML1620 battery has a nominal voltage of 3.0 volts and can be used in place of the CR1620 battery. It is a rechargeable lithium manganese-oxide battery with a nominal voltage of 3.0 volts. Due to its lower capacity, faster self-discharge rate, and other factors, it is only be used sparingly.
- VCR1620: Veeeddy also has produced a CR1620 equivalent which is called VCR1620. It is not readily available but has the same current flow and is compatible with the CR1620 battery. The VCR1620 lithium battery is mercury-free t which makes it more environmentally friendly. Also, Veeeddy CR1620 provides superior leak protection and low self-discharge characteristics, making it useful in a wide range of temperature ranges.
- 5009LC: The 5009LC is a high-quality CR1620 battery that performs effectively at low and high temperatures. Eunice manufactures it. The 5009LC It’s found in things like car key fobs and security systems and gadgets like calculators and cameras. Each 5009LC battery is packaged separately and includes a tear-off strip.
Instructions for Use and Disposal
Specific guidelines should be followed when using the CR1620 battery. below are some precautions and care that should be taken:
- Place the battery the way stated in the manual. do not reverse the polarity of the battery
- make sure the voltage and capacity of the device match the battery’s
- For optimum performance, do not use the battery in extreme temperatures
- You should keep the battery away from children as it contains chemicals that can be harmful to the skin r internal organs if ingested.
- If the battery has died, it must be replaced with a new working battery. The old battery should be disposed of according to the user manual or turned over to a battery recycling factory.
The CR1620 battery has a long shelf life and a low self-discharge rate, making it suitable for almost any small device. It has a physical dimension of 16.0 x 2.0 mm (0.62992 x 0.78740 inches), a nominal voltage of 3.0 volts, a cutoff voltage of 2.0 volts, and a capacity of 65-80 mAh. The battery has some excellent features, which makes it very common. Different brands produce the CR1620 battery. However, not all of them are suitable for your devices. You have to consider capacity, voltage, and size before getting a CR1620 battery. You can find alternatives and replacements of the CR1620 battery in stores and online, but you have to ensure it has the same attributes as the original battery.