Swiffer wet jet is now a standard household cleaning machine. It is handy for cleaning minor spills and steaky messes and an excellent solution for easy cleanup. However, the Swiffer wet jet is battery-powered, and changing the battery may not be easy. This article will examine the type of batteries the Swiffer wet jet uses, where the battery goes, how to change it, etc. Read on to find out more about changing the battery of a Swiffer wet jet.
What is a Swiffer Wet Jet?
The Swiffer Wet Jet is an easy-to-use vacuum cleaner that helps to clean up spills and crumbs by using water and a cleaning solution. The machine uses a disposable cloth that collects dirt as it goes about mopping. The Swiffer jet consists of 5 essential parts: the handle, cleaning solution, floor piece, cleaning pads, and batteries. The cleaning tool sprays the floor with soap to break up the dirt, and the pad has a scrubby layer to help lift stuck-on dirt on the floor. Once done cleaning, the machine leaves a fresh scent of pine. The Swiffer wet jet is suitable for cleaning hard surface floors like laminate wood, vinyl, marble, granite, and other surfaces without destroying them.
How to clean the floor with the Swiffer Wet Jet?
A few steps need to be taken before using your Swiffer Wet Jet. The steps are highlighted below:
- Assemble the Swiffer Wet Jet by snapping together the pole, middle pole, mop, and handle
- Look for a notch in the area that contains the cleaning solution and click it to open the battery panel. Insert the batteries needed.
- Insert the liquid cleaner and the cleaning pad that comes with the Wet jet
- Lay the wet jet on the area you want to clean, press the button on the handle to release the cleaning liquid, then mop with the machine to clean the dirt.
If you are not clear on how to assemble your wet jet, refer to the user manual for more clarity.
How to change the batteries of a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet runs on batteries, which means they need to be changed when they run out. Unfortunately, some people have had difficulties in changing their wet jet batteries. Here is a quick guide on how to replace the wet jet batteries:
- The wet jet cleaners have to be removed first for you to reach the battery compartment. Flip the wet jet upside down and press underneath the button between the Swiffer pole and the cleaner. Pull it down, and the cleaner bottle will pop out.
- Open the battery compartment by pulling down the finger notch with the battery tab. The battery cover opening should slide off immediately.
- Remove the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Ensure the batteries are placed in the correct order as indicated on the battery compartment. Misplacing the batteries in the Wet Jet may not cause damage, but the machine will not work until the batteries are corrected.
- Finally, reassemble the wet jet by replacing the battery cover and putting back the liquid cleaner. Once reassembled, test the machine by pushing the button to see if any cleaner liquid is released. If it is, the wet jet is working fine. If not, open the battery compartment again to check if the battery has been inserted correctly.
What type of batteries does the Swiffer Wet Jet Use?
The Swiffer Wet Jet usually uses 4 AA batteries, most of the same type. You can use rechargeable or disposable AA Alkaline batteries for the wet jet. The battery used by the machine is recyclable so that the old batteries can be recycled and stored in a cool and dry place.
What solution does the Swiffer jet use?
The wet jet uses a unique cleaning solution that comes with the purchase but can also be purchased in shops. It is better to use Swiffer brand products as not to void the machine warranty.
The benefit of using a Swiffer Wet Jet
Many products can be used to clean our floors like the mop and the vacuums, so why should you use a Swiffer Wet Jet. Here are some of the benefits of using a Wet jet as your cleaning tool:
- It produces a safe cleaning solution with a good fragrance
- It is designed with a powerful spin brush technology that helps in removing stubborn messes.
- It is portable and can be moved around very easily
- It is a low maintenance product for cleaning the house
- It helps clean up debris and uses a clean cloth that prevents fragile objects from being damaged by stray cleaning tools.
- The cleaner helps stubborn dirt without requiring any moving parts or household chemicals like detergent or vinegar before cleaning the floor.
- It has a water reservoir that can be filled up before use, so there is no need to carry water around.
- It features a rubber handle that means no rust and has clean shield technology that prevents build-up residue, resulting in a clog.
What to do when your Swiffer wet jet doesn’t spray?
If the wet jet does not spray, there are a couple of things you can try to make it work properly again. Some are listed below:
- Check to see if the battery is connected correctly or swap old batteries with new ones
- Check if the cleaning solution has finished
- Use vinegar and warm water to scrub the surface of the nozzle to clear debris
- Remove the cleaner solution, pour some vinegar and warm water solution into the cleaner solution’s area, and press the button to release the liquid.
- Check if the problem is fixed or hire a professional to help you.
Tips to getting the best result with your Swiffer wet Jet
To get the clean floors and the wet jet working perfectly, here are some tips you can try:
- Use the Swiffer cleaning solution that comes with the wet jet.
- Keep the wet jet in an upright position when not in use
- Fill up the wet jet water
- Be cautious when opening the wet jet as water inside can damage the electrical component.
The wet jet is a practical portable tool that can help in keeping the house clean always. It is a low-cost and low-maintenance product. Periodically, The wet jet batteries need to be changed to function at the highest level. The wet jet uses 4 AA batteries which are not expensive and can be gotten in stores easily. Changing the batteries of the Swiffer Wet jet is simple as long as you have the right tools and follow the correct instructions. Refer to a professional or the owner manuals for any problems with your wet jet.