For a number of reasons, you might need to know how to manually open the BMW 328i trunk or back hatch. You could merely want to know if it’s possible without using your keyfob or interior switch. Another reason is if your trunk won’t open whether you have the key or not because you have a dead car battery.
The BMW 328i car trunk won’t open automatically if the car battery is dead. And to change the battery, you still need to access the car trunk because the BMW 328i battery is in the trunk. However, you don’t have to worry too much; you can open your BMW 328i trunk using the key fob, the emergency trunk release lever, the key blade, and many other ways.
To explore the different ways how to open your BMW 328i trunk without a battery, keep reading;
How To Open the BMW 328i Car Trunk?
- Through the key fob: The key fob is a remote control that opens your car trunk and doors. All you have to do is go near the vehicle, push and hold on the unlock button on your key fob for a few seconds, and rest assured that your car trunk will open. However, if you try this and it doesn’t work, check the essential fob battery; this procedure won’t work if your key fob battery is dead.
- Using your key blade: If your key fob battery is dead, you can open your car trunk manually by using the key blade. It is found inside the key fob. To get the key blade out of the fob, you will need to turn your key fob to the back, and then you’ll see a small black button at either end of the fob; push it in, and the key blade handle will pop out for you to remove it, pull the blade out and use it to open your trunk.
- Through the back seat: You can also gain access to your car trunk through the back seat of your car. All you have to do is open the back door of your vehicle, enter the car and then fold the car’s back seat, and you will have access to the car trunk. First, you will need to reach the emergency trunk release handle and pull it down to open the trunk. The task might be tasking as you’ll have to crawl into the backseat of the car.
- By Jump-starting the car: If the above methods are tasking for you or finding it difficult for some reason, you can resort to Jumpstarting your car to open your trunk automatically. You will need another car to accomplish this; after getting another, ensure the jumper cables are correctly attached to both vehicles. You then start the other vehicle’s engine and let it run for some minutes. After a few minutes, you can open the BMW 328i trunk through the hatch release switch on the driver’s door, and the trunk will open.
No matter which method you choose, opening the BMW 328i trunk without a battery is a convenient feature that can come in handy during emergencies. However, It is also essential to always check your car for any damages to the battery or engines. Always recharge your battery if it is out of power and replace any damaged part of the engine to avoid the stress of having to open your trunk manually.
Moreover, it will be helpful to know if your BMW 328i car battery is getting low.
How To Avoid Getting Your BMW Car Batteries Low or Dead
- Abandoning your car battery for an extended period will make your car battery dead. When a car is left for a long time, the battery starts discharging by itself, which could pose a big problem to you when you need to use the car urgently. Therefore, if you don’t use your vehicle regularly, try to make efforts to warm the car up at least twice a week to keep the battery charged.
- Leaving your car’s headlights, interior lights, or turning lights on for a long period will drain your car battery quickly. So, make sure you turn these lights off every time to avoid disappointment.
Moreover, if you have been using your car battery for too long, maybe like 6 to 7 years, I think you should consider changing it to a new one to avoid any problems.
If you followed this write-up well, you should now be able to manually access your BMW 328i trunk with a dead battery. However, to avoid a scenario like this in the future, you should follow the tips I gave on how to avoid getting your car batteries low or dead.