Does SimpliSafe Doorbell Have a Battery?
The house’s safety is one of the top priorities for any family. Home security has thus become one of the most well-researched business categories. SimpliSafe Doorbell is one of the best models available for home security.
SimpliSafe doorbell lets you monitor your front door from anywhere and is easy to install. This gadget can be connected to your current Home Security system or used alone. So does the SimpliSafe Doorbell have a battery?
SimpliSafe doorbell is a smart device. So as long as it is installed correctly and connected to your home’s WIFI network and the existing mechanical doorbell connection, it should work well without a battery, even though it has a backup battery in case of a power outage.
Does SimpliSafe Doorbell Need a Battery?
The SimpliSafe doorbell does not require a battery, in contrast to several other smart doorbells already on the market. It is made to take the place of a wired doorbell. After installation, the SimpliSafe Doorbell will be powered by the basic wiring from your old doorbell.
Additionally, since the device doesn’t require charging, it can be utilized immediately after installation. SimpliSafe doorbell has a backup battery in case of a power outage or if power is cut for any reason.
Requirements For Installation of a SimpliSafe Doorbell?
- Wi-Fi connection: An internet connection is required to stream videos from the doorbell camera. The wireless router also needs to be able to broadcast at 2.4Ghz.
- A smartphone running iOS or Android for setup: Once installation is finished, you can also access the camera using a web browser.
- An electrical source should be available to which the doorbell will be connected.
Setting Up and Powering Your SimpliSafe Doorbell
The SimpliSafe Doorbell features a modern, appealing design and a push-button LED that you may use to configure the device or that guests can use to ring the bell. Its dimensions of 4.3 x 1.5 x 1.2 inches make it portable and simple to install.
When you purchase a new Simplisafe doorbell, you’ll get a video doorbell, three faceplates, an inclined mounting base plate, and screws, all delivered in the box. You can set up your doorbell with the following steps:
- Remove or unplug your current doorbell and make sure you prevent the electrical wires from falling back into the wall. You can use tape to hold the cables to keep them from falling into the wall.
- Put the doorbell wires through your SimpliSafe Doorbell’s mounting bracket, then fasten the mounting bracket to the wall with screws.
- Mark the hole location on the wall using the mounting bracket holes as a guide if you’re installing on a stone, brick, or stucco surface.
- Place wall anchors after drilling the necessary holes.
- Connect the wires after carefully loosening the terminal screws.
- Move your doorbell into place by pushing it against the mounting bracket. You should hear it click.
- Turn the power back on and test your new doorbell.
SimpliSafe Doorbell Features Without The Need for Batteries
For its size and simplicity of the installation, the SimpliSafe standalone video doorbell provides outstanding functionality. After setting up this fantastic equipment, you can discover new techniques to safeguard and keep an eye on your house. Its lack of a battery is what makes it so helpful.
The numerous practical and contemporary features of this smart doorbell can be powered by the doorbell system already in your home. These features include:
- Video: These days, 1080p cameras are standard on most security cameras and video doorbells. The SimpliSafe doorbell is unique since it features HDR. Additionally, it offers a wide perspective of the street thanks to its 162° field of vision. If you have a subscription, it begins recording the moment it notices movement and records every little detail of what goes on at your front door.
- Audio: You can converse with people at your door using the doorbell’s two-way audio capability without leaving your bed. This function resembles a walkie-talkie. You can talk by pressing the button, then listen by letting go of the control. This feature will be helpful if you wish the delivery person to drop your parcels at the door or if you cannot answer the door.
- Night Vision: With the help of the SimpliSafe Doorbell’s night vision feature, you can see who is at your door even when it is dark outside. The doorbell makes use of two infrared LED sensors for night vision. The video’s nighttime clarity is impressive, according to reports.
- Storage: The Storage feature is only accessible with membership. You can save files online for 30 days for $4.99 per month. Another interactive option is available, and it costs $24.99 per month. Along with the 30 days of cloud storage, this will include 24/7 specialized monitoring and various additional features.
- People detection: It’s smart to include artificial intelligence in something as fundamental as a doorbell. With the people detection technology used by SimpliSafe, you won’t get tens of thousands of notifications each time a car drives by.
- Ring and motion alert: The doorbell camera will send a push notification when it detects motion or when the doorbell is pressed. In terms of ring alerts, the notification will state the time and date and “Someone is at your “Camera name,” among other things. The time it takes for these messages to appear once the doorbell senses activity is typically between two and three seconds.
- Smart assistant integration: By linking it to your SimpliSafe Doorbell, you may enable or disable your doorbell system using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. You require the interactive plan, priced at $24.99., for a smart home connection. Other features included with this membership include video help and alarm monitoring. To add integrations to your SimpliSafe, go to “Configuration” on your app and click on Integrations. Select the integration you want from the list, then complete the setup by following the directions stated. A button to add integration will be visible.
The SimpliSafe doorbell is a smart system that works with the home security system and allows you to monitor your door from anywhere. SimpliSafe doorbell is easy to install and has many exciting features that provide adequate security for your home. Even though the doorbell has a backup battery, you can easily use it with the electrical system in the house.